What is Myomectomy?
This is a surgery method developed to remove uterine fibroids of women which may recommended by doctors if your fibroids causing pelvic pain, irregular bleeding, heavy periods and frequent urination etc.
Through laparoscopic myomectomy, the surgeon will make small incisions on lower abdomen each will be around half inch long and belly of the patient will be filled with carbon dioxide gas to able the surgeon to watch the inner part of the belly. Here the surgeon will cut the fibroids into small pieces and take it out and then the surgeon can remove the medical instruments remotely using a robotic arm and release the gas also.
In most of the cases women have to stay in the hospital from one to three days.
What are the risks of Myomectomy?
- Excessive bleeding
- a hole in uterus
- new fibroids may require another same procedure
- scar tissue may lead to fertility problems
Types of myomectomy treatments in India
There are mainly three types of myomectomy treatments in India.
- Abdominal myomectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
Abdominal myomectomy treatment will be made with an incision through lower abdomen into uterus which will be a horizontal incision around 3 inches that causes less pain. This type of incision will be useful only to remove small fibroids and a vertical incision may made to remove larger fibroids.
Laparoscopic myomectomy as we said earlier will be with small incisions of half inch, then small instruments will be placed in those incision and the camera at the other end. Here the surgeon may cut the fibroids into small pieces to remove it safely.
Hysteroscopic myomectomy will be done after a local anaesthesia where the surgeon will place a thin scope through the vagina into uterus and will use a wire loop to shave off the fibroids. This is a very simple treatment and the patient can leave the hospital on the same day.
Cost of Myomectomy Treatment in India
The cost of myomectomy treatment in India is comparatively cheap and less. We can simply understand this cost while comparing the cost of the same with the cost in other countries as detailed below.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Laparoscopic Myomectomy in Different States of India
The below given reasons and factors affect the cost of laparoscopic myomectomy in Indian states:
- Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Delhi: Delhi is the capital city of India and the most effective metro city situated in the northern part of India. The Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Delhi is approximately USD 2200-3000. It is very important to mention that the best Doctors in Delhi for the treatment are very renowned and experienced as there are many patients are travelling on daily basis from abroad. The Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Delhi comparatively competitive as there are many best doctors available in the city. Most of the patients are travelling with Haadimedics for their treatment in Delhi as they help them to take informed decision in accordance with their background.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Mumbai: Mumbai is the business capital of India and main hub of giant companies working around the world. There is several hospitals including Kokileban Medical Institute which is designed to provide better services for medical treatments and known as a Healthcare hub, Nanavati Hospital which provides services for 65 years with very modern services, Fortis hospital which has the first blood bank in India and best known for its innovations and other hospitals also.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Kerala: Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Kerala is comparatively similar to the other major cities in India. However, cities in Kerala, like Kochi and Calicut are best choices of majority of Arab and African patients come for cancer treatments in India. It is primarily because, Kerala is a geographically beautiful and culturally profound and couples when they need to stay for a couple of days, they select the same. Moreover, Laparoscopic myomectomy Doctors in Kerala famed and acclaimed across the globe. Another unique reason for Arabs for preferring Kerala for this treatment is that majority of Keralites are working in Arab countries so they are more familiar with their culture and tradition. Moreover, there will be no hidden charges for this treatment in Kerala.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Bangalore: Bangalore is a colourful town positioned inside the southern part of India. Bangalore tends to have a slight weather at some point of the 12 months and subsequently is an exceptional area to visit at nearly any time of the year. The average Laparoscopic myomectomy cost in Bangalore is approximately USD 2000-2200. Haadimedcis helps all to plan their Treatment in Bangalore.
Which are the best hospitals in India for myomectomy treatment
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, New Delhi
- Max Hospital, New Delhi
- Miracle Mediclinic, Gurgaon, New Delhi
- CK Birla Hospital,Guragaon, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Nova IVI, Ahmedabad
- Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Kokilaben Medical Institute, Mumbai
- NOVA IVI, Mumbai
- Aster Medicity, Cochin, Kerala
- Aster MIMS, Calicut, Kerala
Who are the best doctors for myomectomy treatment in India?
- Dr. Suman Lal, Max Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Parul Katiyar, Nova IVI
- Dr. Aruna Karla, CK Birla Hospital, Gurgaon, New Delhi
- Dr. Sohani Verma, Indraprastha Appollo, New Delhi
- Dr. Anchal Agarwal, BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Nandita Palshektar, FMRI, New Delhi
- Dr. Sowjanya Aggarwal, Max Super Speciality, New Delhi
- Dr. Sherly Mathen, Aster Medicity, Cochin, Kerala
- Dr. Mayadevi Kurup, Aster Medicity, Cochin, Kerala
Why Haadimedics for laparoscopic myomectomy treatment in India?
The affordable and comparatively lesser cost is not only the reason for selecting India as the preferred destination for myomectomy treatments. But, the top myomectomy treatment hospitals in India have well known experienced myomectomy treatment specialist with high advanced medical technologies. Moreover, the medical travel facilitators like Haadimedics plans your entire journey for myomectomy treatment in India. Haadimedics helps the patient to get medical opinion and package for myomectomy treatment in India for the patients from best myomectomy treatment hospitals in India. Haadimedics ensure to give very affordable and discounted price from the best hospitals.
Before you travel to India, it is better to get help of reputed medical travel facilitator like Haadimedics to plan your travel in order to avoid inconvenience of journey. Because, Haadimedics helps you for planning laparoscopic myomectomy treatment in India with top doctors and top hospitals. Haadimedics facilitates for your Selection of best Doctor and Hospital for the myomectomy treatment Availing opinion from best doctors with 2nd and 3rd opinion, Visa assistance, Fixing Appointment with Doctor, Airport Pick up and Drop, Comfort Stay with Language translator for you, Assistance for getting a local sim card, Foreign Money Related Assistance, Post Treatment Assistance like rehabilitation or physiotherapy and Post treatment follow ups with surgeon, Local Tour Assistance, Booking Accommodation.