Dr. Sylesh Aikot Send Enquiry
Get response within 24hrsSenior Consultant Gastrointestinal Surgeon | Calicut | India
MS, DNB, MCh, FAMS | 20 Years of Experiences
- Dr. Sylesh Aikot is a Senior Consultant Gastrointestinal Surgeon having experience of more than 18 years in the gastrointestinal surgery field.
- He has great experience in all gastrointestinal surgeries, including liver transplantation.
- Dr. Sylesh holds a bright academic career and many publications and research papers to his credit.
- He is a crafted surgeon famed for his extraordinary surgical skills.
- He is also a good laparoscopic surgeon as well and is one of the countable surgeons in India routinely performing complex surgeries like, complete laparoscopic Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy.
- He holds great experience in liver transplant surgery and is leading the liver transplantation team of the center.
- He completed his MBBS and MS from Government Medical College, Calicut, and MCh Gastrointestinal Surgery from Government Medical College, Trivandrum with the gold medal.
- He obtained a DNB degree from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, and FMAS in laparoscopic surgery.
Working Experience of Dr. Sylesh Aikot:
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: PVS Memorial Hospital, Cochin, India: March 2010 – April 2015.
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: MIMS Hospital, Calicut, India: April 2009 – March 2010.
- Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery: S.U.T Super Speciality Hospital, Trivandrum, India: Sept 2007 – April 2009.
- MCh trainee in Surgical Gastroenterology: Medical College Hospital, Trivandrum: Sept 2004 – Sept 2007.
- Senior Lecturer in Surgery: Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kerala: June 2003 – Aug 2004.
- M.S. Trainee in Surgery: Medical College Hospital, Calicut, India: May 2000 – May 2003
- Dr. Sylesh Aikot completed MBBS and MS from Government Medical College, Calicut and MCh Gastrointestinal Surgery from Government Medical College, Trivandrum with gold medal.
- He was also awarded DNB degree by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi and FMAS in laparoscopic surgery.
- DNB degree by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- FMAS in laparoscopic surgery.
- Previous Cholecystectomy is not a contraindication for right lobe liver donation ¬ Sylesh Aikot, , Neerav Goyal, Manav Wadhavan, Subhash Gupta. ¬ Liver Transplantation 2013; 19 ( 6) , S 209
- Postoperative Liver Failure Rate after Liver Resection for Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma in the Absence of Preoperative Biliary Drainage¬ Rajan, Ramesh, Natesh, Bonny, A.Sylesh , Kumar, Arun R S, Sindhu N, Subhalal A P, Kuruvilla. ¬ HPB, 2008; 10:178
- Paralytic Ileus due to Strongyloidiasis ¬ Sylesh A, Rajan R, Subhalal N, Srikant, Lekha, Priyadarsini R. ¬ Indian J Gastroenterol. 2005 Sep-Oct;24(5):228
- Effect of learning curve in patient selection and outcome following laparoscopic colorectal resection: Analysis of 235 elective laparoscopic colorectal resections in a tertiary care unit ¬ Pramil K, Kamalesh NP, Vipin IS, Sylesh A, Manoj Jacob, Prakash K. ¬ IASG National Conference, Jaipur 2011.
- The drain fluid amylase¬volume ratio is a better predictor for pancreatic fistula than value of amylase alone on Day 3 after pancreaticoduodenectomy ¬ Kamalesh NP, Pramil K, Vipin IS, Sylesh A, Manoj Jacob,Prakash K. ¬ IASG National Conference, Jaipur 2011.
- Laparoscopic Pancreatic Necrosectomy: earlyexperience ¬ Kamalesh NP, Prakash K, Varma D, Sylesh A, Jacob M. ¬ Pancreatology 2011;11 (suppl 1): 1-80
- Laparoscopic Extedned Right Hemicolectomy.Video presentation ¬ Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. ¬ IAGES, Ahmedabad February2012.
- Laparoscopic Myotomy with Anterior Fundoplication for Achalasia Cardia ¬ Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. . ¬ Video presentation. UPPER GI SESSION in AMASICON Coimbatore, July 2012.
- Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection for Carcinoma Rectum. Video presentation ¬ Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A.¬ IAGES, Ahmedabad February 2012.
- Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy ¬ Prakash K Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A A ¬ Video presentation. Colorectal Coimbatore July 2012.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Anterior Resection for Carcinoma Rectum ¬ Prakash Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A¬Video presentation. Colorectal surgery in Coimbatore AMASICON July,2012.
- Does Case selection & outcome following laparoscopic colorectal resection change after initial learning curve? ¬ Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. ¬ oral presentation in the COLORECTAL SESSION in AMASICON 2012.
- Laparoscopic Right Hepatectomy ¬ Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. ¬ Video presentation. HPB Session, AMASICON, Coimbatore July 2012.
- Prevalence and patterns of diverticulosis undergoing colonoscopy in a southern Indian hospital¬ Kamlaesh NP, Prakash K, Pramil K, Sylesh A, Prakash Zacharias, Ramesh GN, Mathew Philip ¬ Indian J Gastroenterol (in press )
- Laparoscopic Resection of Haemangioma Liver andNose ¬ Prakash K, Kamlaesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh A. ¬ Video presentation. HPB Session, AMASICON, Coimbatore July 2012.
- Dense calculi formation resulting in impaction of pancreatic stent: a rare complication due to an unretrieved stent. ¬ Prakash Kurumboor, Kamalesh NP, Pramil K, Sylesh Aikot, Prakash Zacharias, Ramesh GN, Mathew Philip. ¬ Indian J Gastroenterol, May 2011
Hernia Removal Surgeries
Related News Articles:
Get response within 24hrs
Help Us With Your Details